Tuesday, August 9, 2011

On the road again

I'm currently in Salt Lake City, Utah. Oh man.

Just finished Sundance one day ago. Fasting and praying, no food or water (except a few sips on the third day) in the desert of South Dakota, over 90 degrees with 200 other people praying and calling on God. A vortex, a vortex of rainbow energy. Every race and color; red, black, white, yellow, all of us dancing in unison as brothers and sisters of Earth. Feeling my mother's soft face on my bare feet, felt like a dream. There was one point where I looked up to the blue sky to see a huge circle that had formed above the sundance circle, made of thick clouds. I wondered for a moment whether I was dancing in heaven or on earth, the line was thin. The energy was spiraling and my consciousness faded in and out from mind to spirit.
Dragon flies, 30 or 40 of them, flying above and all around us, breaking the illusion and helping us cross into the spirit world for those sacred four days.

Rise - 4:30am,  Sweat Lodge - 5am , Greet the Sun -6am, Pray, fast, dance 6am-5pm, Sweat 5:30pm
Sleep. Sundancers, Sundancers, it's time to wake up and greet the day, Repeat. Let go. Tell the mind to frick off.

It was beyond human words....beautiful, humbling, extraordinary, a dream, a vision, one of the most intensely difficult things I have ever experienced. I was in tears the first day of fasting, seeing how God and my beautiful friends brought me here. Life is so beyond my understanding. I feel humble, like a baby. I walked in to the circle thinking I knew something, alot, even a little, I know nothing.

One day after Sundance, I am on my way across country to California. Every state I cross is like entering a new cuntry with it's unique beauty and scenery. Driving through this open country with expansive sunsets, stretching mountains, miles of trees, stretching rivers, red cliffs, deep gorges, golden meadows, lightning storms and desert stretches.

I arrived in Salt Lake city today and hit up the local Whole Foods to get some nutrition in my pathetically skinny body. As I walked through the large shopping complex, I started to feel very sad.  I hid my teary eyes under my green sun glasses, excused myself and waited outside while my friend continued to shop.. My heart was expanded at the Sundance and I could feel and see things so clearly. The emptiness of this silly material world, all people want to do is shop, to fill the void. Avoiding what is obvious and inevitably going to come to an end. Mother earth is so hurting from our mis-use of her life energy, her resources. So much packaging and plastic shit we don't need. Plastic bags to bag the plastic covered food. Walk into Wal-mart and you can find 1 million things you don't need. Living my simple life in the Philippines away from mainstream society has made me very sensitive, oh so sensitive.
Well. I am going to be here a little longer, going to spend a week with my father and sisters in California so I am en route there with my friend from Sundance. I hope I see you soon and maybe one time, you wanna take a drive across country here in the US.

Much to write, much to share. Soon, soon

Ommmmmm shanti

2 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful, Thanks for Sharing, I'm with you guys in Spirit.

    Jonah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah that sounds intense without water in the hot sun. I would be afraid of passing out.

    ReplyDelete