Friday, September 9, 2011

Release

Ahhh, those few blissful moments when my mind is completely and utterly still.

My morning meditation has become my solace, retreating into my inner cave of silence,
it is my daily retreat from the mind stuff of the city.

Sitting at my little altar early morning, candle lit, I close my eyes and feel my breath, in and out,
imagining it moving up and down the spine with each inhalation and exhalation. My mind gets more and more still until the focus is one pointed. Calmly, focusing my attention at the spiritual eye, I send my love and gratitude to the creator for this new day. My life is full of blessings, when I am in a calm space. Otherwise, this game can be full of worries and sorrows.

Yesterday was one of the best days I' ve had in awhile. I felt solid, rooted to the earth and centered in my heart. I was not following the mind for once, I was going with my feeling and it was taking me to a really good place. I got more accomplished than usual and I even had time to cook for my family, take a walk and do a crystal healing for myself and later that evening, for my sister and a good friend. I also till 1am this morning which felt so good and therapeutic.

As I painted, I remembered the gift my mother had given me of this paint set a few days ago, and felt gratitude to my divine mother for answering all my simple little wishes.

I miss the Philippines a lot, and especially my partner who is over there, the simple life of isolation whenever I wanted it. Here in the city, the moments are rare to get away from everything and everyone. I am finding that my years of cultivation of meditation practice was not wasted. All those years of empty, dry and forced sitting was not in vain. It was for moments like these, every morning moments when I can go sit, be alone, and release.

No comments:

Post a Comment