Monday, January 16, 2012

zap

Man, it's been several weeks since I've spent more than 1 hour on the computer. Today I spent about six and most of the bloody time was spent on Facebook. Man that thing is like a vortex. Holy shit. I gotta be careful to not let that happen too often. I was supposed to get work done today. I felt really great at the starting of the day but then I started to feel kinda overwhelmed. I have a deadline on a project and I have been putting it off for almost 2 weeks now. What if I could create getting paid for being on Facebook? I've been paid from my Blog but what about Facebook? This age of technology is so interresting. In a sense I feel quite left behind. For example, what's up with this new Facebook page format, I just figured out how to use the old one. Man, I think the 10-20 years olds are the only ones who can keep up with the fast pace of this society anymore, the rest of us, well....

So what's new? What am I gonna do with my life now that I am committing to getting to work.
This morning I woke up kinda early and I just lay in bed and thought. I like to do that sometimes, just lay there and plan out my day. I stretched a little and then looked outside to see large flakes of snow falling in the sunshine, that was nice. I'm turning 28 this year. DOn't tell anyone, k. It's kinda like I gotta get my career setttled now or never, you know? The thing I realized this morning is that I have been afraid. Afraid of what you ask? Afraid to commit, afraid to settle down, afraid to try something new, afraid that it won't work. I dunno. The fears are really non-productive especially when starting something new. I need the positivity right now, the faith. I have to just go for it 100% and not hide behind any fear of what people will think. All kind of opposition comes up when you try to break out of the normal societal shell, starting your own business definitely seems like a risk to people, compared to getting a good "job" or a getting a degree. Parents, family, friends may try to unconsciously bring you down because they don't want you to leave them behind or disprove their limited beliefs about life. I'm sure you will see what I mean.

There is really only one way to go and that is up.  Honestly though, I gotta get this work done and you're distracting me again. You know another thing that's kinda lame about this new technology. I talked to like 5 or 6 people today, on Facebook, but not really in real life. I think if I had met with them or talked to them on the phone, I would have felt a lot more fulfilled. Computer is still just a box. It's usefull yes, but it's still just a box. Computer box. Boxxy box

No comments:

Post a Comment