Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sunny Baba

A young Sunny Baba, tattooed after an initiation ceremony

I had the privilege of spending one month living with and filming Sunny Baba, an extraordinary man who went into spontaneous enlightenment in 2000 while humbly walking through the forest. The interviews were conducted in Washington over the month of July, 2009. I stayed in a teepee put up by Sunny, this was a cherished experience. I would awaken at dawn from my teepee always to be greeted by Sunny's smiling face. Living and choosing the path of love, Sunny taught me to always follow my hearts purest calling. Living non-resistance to what life brings him, Sunny is always happy. This man who shyly hid from publicity and fame lived and served among saints Ananda Moyi Ma and Sai Baba. A world traveller, he owns only what he can fit in his truck. I love you Sunny, wherever you are.

Sharing with Sunny, off camera over fresh fruit from the orchard

Sunny putting up the Teepee

Sunny Baba and Brooke Medicine Eagle - Powerful Earth Keepers


Sunny's Book can be found on Amazon
http://www.amazon.ca/Realization-Divine-Oneness-Revelation-Enlightenment/dp/1432723561/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1326695374&sr=8-2

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I met Sunny Baba in Portland, Oregon around 1990, and he told a radically different story about his awakening including, of course, the time frame. Having said that, I did (and do) believe him to be enlightened and even had a transcendent experience involving him while meditating one morning. I find the two stories (and time frames) of his awakening to be a little confusing … and yeah, okay, borders on being fishy, but the man has stuck with me all of these years and had enough of an effect on me to make me want to Google him and see what he was doing in life. The picture with his face tattooed is much closer to how he looked when I met him. Had I had the financial ability back then, I would have dropped what I was doing so I could spend time around him for a while. All this points to the ever-present paradoxes that surround most spiritual teachers. I bless you, Sunny Baba, and wish you well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find your comments interesting. I am his daughter and can't seem to locate the man any where. If you or anyone else knows, please let me know. Thanks Jade

      Delete
    2. He replied below with his email did you see it?

      Delete
  3. Hi People of the Heart... Sunny baba here it is 2019 and I am still awake, happy and in Love with Life at 75 years of age... I would love to connect with my adopted Daughter Althia Jade... She can contact me at sunnybabaspirit@yahoo.com ... I am living on a remote Nature Preserve in southern New Mexico.... in communion with the One Being that is Being all Beings... Consciousness ItSelf

    ReplyDelete