Saturday, April 28, 2012

Love attachment

Tonight through my good friend, Page, I learnt a valuable lesson. I saw that when one is attached, he can no longer help his friend because he is attached to what his friend may think of him, so he doesn't behave in a free way. The attachment binds him. If his friend needs firm love or to be told the truth, sometimes painful, the attached friend says nothing for fear of rejection or loss of his friends admiration. When I am free, I am free to be a channel for what actions and words the divine can bring through me, without my own mental blockages and thinking, I am free to be me. I reflected back to the many attached relationships I've had and how little room there was to be myself. I was too attached to what that person thought of me and at the end of the day, the relationship ended and I was left without them, and without myself. Investing all your gold in one person is risky business. The man or woman who is truly free is free in God, in thoughts, words and actions, seperating himself from the praise or blame of others alternating moods, likes and dislikes. I witness this through my good friend and mentor, Daiva, what you see is what you get. In God, he is free, he is unaffected by what people think and he is unstoppable in his quest for spreading light. I see now why God has removed me from so many of my relationships, when I couldn't understand why. He was teaching me non-attachment. The friend who truly loves does so unconditionally and freely. This love is not jealous but rejoices in the love and joy of his friend, with or without her physical prescence.

No comments:

Post a Comment