Thursday, April 12, 2012

Acceptance

Trusting in God's plan that he daily knows and is giving me what's best for me will allow me to accept my life as it is. It allows me to trust that everything that happened in my past was for a greater good, for learning and I am seeing how this acceptance will allow me to forgive myself.

I see the human mind, more so, the ego, has a tendency to judge everything it hears and sees. It's a filter that keeps the mind chattering away when someone is sharing, or we see something. This entire story fills the mind about that person or situation. It's something I'm aiming to let go. I had an exprience the other night where I was just hearing people, and wasn't judging. It felt amazing. Not judging others, I wasn't judging myself. All these things are interlinked. The gentleness and acceptance of myself, hopefully, will allow me to be that way with other people.

Community is causing me to see myself in so many delicate and intricate ways. My relationship to life, people and myself is my relationship to God, to everything. It's all intertwined. Loving myself and God above all else will allow me to accept others. I don't have to try to get others to like me when I am just concerned with how God sees me, because my relationship inwards will reflect how the rest of the wolrd will relate outwardly. Not to say that God won't bring me tests, because he does but what saints didn't face hardship to become a saint.

No comments:

Post a Comment