Sunday, June 12, 2011

My story


I just realized for so many years I have been doing what I feel I should supposed to be doing. Like at 20, when all my friends were going out at night and partying and getting together at the beach, I was at home writing a feature film screenplay and raising money and writing proposals and directing films and working on my spiritual life and trying to get ahead. Lots of times I would have liked to just get drunk and enjoy but I felt a responsibility, to myself and others to make something of myself. I grew up with nothing and my parents didn’t have any money so I never really had a back up plan. I couldn’t just go home and live with my parents if things didn’t work out. I didn’t have a full time job at an office where I had Saturdays and Sundays off to get drunk and a bi-weekly paycheck I could depend on. I have been an entrepreneur since I incorporated my first company at age 19, so I have had depended on me and the results I create and if I didn’t get up in the morning because of a hang over, I wouldn’t eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment