Monday, May 30, 2011

Home sweet


I am living in the home of my dreams and I didn’t design it. It was already there, just sitting, just waiting for me to come home. I am paying $133 dollars rent a month and I have three bedrooms, ocean view, private beach and boat only access. Only in the Philippines. Want to ask me how I got here or do you want to come stay here, contact me. Solar power, rain catching filtration system for water, cold showers, lots of local fresh fruits and foods. Sometimes I like to look back at my journals or notes to see what I asked for, it’s amazing to see sometimes the accuracy in which I have asked for something. A beautiful new home, well it’s not new, but it is new to me and it looks like new, so I guess it is new. Beautiful is not the word to describe this place, more like stunning vistas. What I see though really is God answers prayers when I focus on him first, all the little desires are fulfilled. After a while the novelty of all things seems to wear off for me, but at the same time, I am learning to relax and enjoy God’s creation for he did make it for me to enjoy.

I am seeing how the Western structure of society creates poverty. Before it was introduced here, people spent there days gathering the food that God already put there. The trees, the gardens, all the food was already growing and all we humans needed to do was spend our days with our family gathering it. Now, a Filipino wife spends her days and nights at a local resort doing laundry for the week for wealthy resort owners, leaving her family so she can make a few pesos a day to help the family manage to buy hardly enough to eat. There is so much abundance in this world why is it that so many must go without Lord. 3 little kittens that are living next to me without their mother, they are still scrawny little things months later because their caretakers can only afford to feed them small amounts of rice daily. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime, give a man a fish and he will eat for the day. We need to speak to Flor and Ronnie and employ them with the cooking and cleaning duties here. All we need to do is account an extra P1000 a month and it will help a whole family out. If you have extra money, and you want to tithe to a really worthy cause, send it to me and I will give it to the many poor families here who are in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment