Thursday, May 5, 2011

This is no ordinary love



I fell in love this weekend...  and I mean I fell hard.

Sitting on the beach with Johanne last night under the stars with the warm Philippine breeze blowing, we sat watching the dying embers of the fire. Built right on the beach just for us.

It was just a few minutes after taking two small puffs of hash which my uncle so professionally demonstrated to us how to smoke. It was already midnight and we aren't drinkers so we started to tire. We told uncle Vince we were tired and wanted to sleep for the night. The second we got outside, Jo and I looked into eachothers eyes we knew it was not time to sleep. I suggested we go to the beach to be alone and we walked hand in hand like God and Goddess.

As I stood there staring at him in the dark, it was as if I was looking at the person that I have always known, always dreamed of, my highest of the high, my beloved on earth. The only way I can describe it is that I knew in that moment that I was looking at my husband.

I kept the words in my mind as we sat side by side in meditation staring into the fire. Spines straight as arrows feeling the energy and the peace of the night. Our arms moving and dancing and our bodies swaying to the music of the inner dance. Dancing to the invisible music of our divine beloved. Jo started to look at me, surveying me up and down. I asked him why he was looking at me that way. He smiled and pointed out that I was wearing all white. White yoga pants, a white shirt with a rose on it and my necklace of amethyst  crystals. It's like a wedding ceremony. He is also in a white shirt and shorts. Wow, I see it now, it's like we are being married before God and grandfather fire. Grandmother moon and sister stars and all of nature are there in that moment, uniting us and bonding us together.

Before the smoke with my uncle and aunt, the four of us were sitting beachfront enjoying a beautifully prepared dinner. The owner of the resort, Bing came and sat with us for awhile while she had her evening beer. She commented in tagalog, which Jo and my aunt speak, they translated for me. "These two should get married right away, they are starting to look alike. They can get married here, free, no charge."

I fell in love this weekend. It wasn't just with Jo, it was with life itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment