Friday, October 11, 2013

FInding Happiness

Did anyone else weep when they watched the movie "Finding Happiness"? The movie about Ananda village and Swami Kriyananda's deep attunment to Yogananda's vision for creating world brotherhood communities.I have seen it twice now and it's a good thing I was alone the second time because I wept like a baby.
Since Swamiji's passing in April there has been a nearness, a closeness and a love that I didn't feel the same way as I do now. It has been tough in many regards since Swamiji left because it has forced me to look honestly and truthfully at my life and actions. Who Swami Kriyananda was only came clear to me after his passing as I have heard happens to many of us after a loved one departs. Why do we wait to explore the potential or to appreciate and be open to the love and gift each one of us is. My biggest regret is not following him more fully when I had the chance.  And not living more fully in joy. For the sadness and denial of joy causes the happy experiences to be negated and blocked out There is always the NOW and as soon as I stop crying over my lost Swami, I can begin to help again.

1 comment:

  1. Very beautiful Clarity. I too have often wept when I saw the movie. Since his passing I think of him so much more. I don't know if there is anyone I've ever met that I've felt so much unselfish love from. AUM my friend

    ReplyDelete