Thursday, July 12, 2012


On My Lips Her Poetry Abides
Jeffrey Armstrong (Kavindra Rishi): 

Fragrant Aurora scatters her rosy petals,
Ushas, in whose hands the morning settles,
While the Twin Physicians guide the steeds –
Of Surya’s chariot with golden leads,
The ruddy dawn dragged on with luminous reins,
Shines across the grey and scattered rains.
Drops of perspiration from the clouds,
Apsaras dancing, saris draped in shrouds,
Reveal and hide their curves for Indra’s pleasure,
Deva Raja, flashes from his treasure,
Split the sky with early morning thunder,
On Uchaisravas, his elephant down under,
As Vayu blows the misty whisps away,
Savitri glistens forth another day.
Huta, Guta, God, the charcoal smoke,
Clings to Agni’s body like a cloak,
Arising slowly like some divine aha,
He licks the lips of crackling Svaha.
And just now I am beginning to awaken,
Watching this scene, my human pride is shaken,
My shell of an ego cracks and falls to Earth;
Naked, I am ready for another birth.
The ants are carrying my precious past away,
And with it my illusion that I know the way,
Something is breathing me in concert with the air,
The midwife has my head and is pulling with care.
But this time I am not screaming, I will chant,
Surrendering, a willing participant,
The Devas have agreed to let me see,
To drink a glass of Soma, taste ecstasy,
For I agreed to let these Angels watch,
While I am offered to the Goddess Vach.
And I am Hers now, all resistance is gone,
Sweet Sarasvati has another swan,
There on my wings Her sacred body rides,
While on my lips Her poetry abides.

Copyright 2012 Jeffrey Armstrong All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment