Thursday, February 16, 2012

Technology

I hate technology.

Yesterday as I was walking around downtown, my Iphone tracking my exact location
and providing to the minute updates of the arrival of my bus."Wow", I thought, "this is pretty cool."
I had the address and location of my place in North Van typed in and thank God, I had no idea otherwise where I was going. And then.... my phone died. After I went into panic, I breathed and released the fact that I was heading on a bus to an unfamiliar city with no address or clue of where I was headed. I allowed myself to become still inside and a flash of intuition. I remembered receving a business card from the woman of the house so I fished around in my purse and there it was. I asked the bus driver if he knew of the street name printed on the card and he told me it was my lucky day because he lived on that exact street and he was able to give me detials of how to get home.

As I sat on the bus I looked around at everyone so absorbed in their technology, shuffling around in a mindless world of nothingness, totally oblivious to everything around them including the present moment. Technology, which everyone feesl they can't live without but the question we should be asking is, are we really living with?

Technology. Keeping us away from the present moment. I met a man last night who was one of the only white men ever allowed to enter into an elite group of rastafari elders in Jamaica and allowed to attend scared prayer ceremonies. He told me how he explained to the elders one day about working for Bell in an office tower and the position he held in the company. He said they stared at him incrediously and replied, "you did what..... fo money....you crazy mahn"! They told him they couldn't understand why he spent all those years wasting his life in an office. Life to the rastafari is a miracle and not being fully lived or enjoyed unless every moment is being spent in total prescence and awareness. He even explained how Bob Marley became such a hit because of the rasta energy and spiritual principla he was putting out in the message of his music. The way we look at the city living when we are in it, is perfectly normal, but try leaving for awhile or stepping back and looking in and you will feel the insanity.

We are waking up. The planet and it's children are waking up. This society is an experiment gone wrong and it's time we admit that we messed up. Like all prodigal children, we must ask forgiveness and begin to reverse the wrong we have committed by acting for the good of all. We cannot continue to live the same self absorbed life we have always lived, consuming more than we need and create waste that doesn't dissappear.

The way I see it is the only way we are going to survive now is to form and live in community, outside of the city.

It's 3:30am and I am pretty damn exhausted. I am exhausted because I spent 5 hours in the city yesterday and it zapped me. I felt the energy of many people yesterday and it made me feel sick when I got home. People are channeling such dark spirits and they don't even know it. Materialism is a dark spirit because it overtakes you and brings you out of the present moment of feeling fulfilled, in love, grateful and instead leaves you longing and wanting more. It's a sad state of affairs but I am no longer willing to suffer along with it.

I was offered a job yesterday that I have been working the past 8 years in the film industry to be able to get to such a place. It pays more than I have ever made from a job. It's a 3 month contract leading into potentially a year and a half on a full season show. This is a production job peoplemy age dream of. And I don't know if I can accept it. To sit at a desk, to be in an office, to be on the computer, phone, internet for hours at a time. I don't know if I can handle it anymore.

Plant medicines, meditation, prayer have brought an acute sensitivity into my life that I can no longer ignore. Community is calling and I don't forsee it being amongst the city. There is a consciousness here and whether you like it or not, if you live in city, you become part of it. It's a collective agreement to live this way and to conform to city. It's fuckin sick. How many people do you know that are walking around completely fulfilled and self expressed? As human, every moment should be joyful because we are alive and that is the sacred gift we have been given. It's time to wake up people and it may not be a gentle ride if we wait too long.

Ommmmm, shanti, shanti, omm






1 comment:

  1. I hate technology when everyone becomes reliant on it. Half of my friends don't even know how to use a map, cause of their Garmin...sad sad world.

    ReplyDelete