Monday, October 10, 2011

Thanksgiving shock

You know how people talk about having culture shock when they first move to a new country.
Well since coming home to Vancouver from the Philippines I finally understand why it has been so hard on me...I have culture shock.

Sitting at my family's place for Thanksgiving I finally realized it's the Western culture I'm having such a hard time fitting into. It feels fake.


We watched videos my uncle filmed while visiting Jo and I in Palawan, I wanted to cry.
I wonder why I ever left?I miss my simple life in paradise. I miss my Jo. I miss how happy, beautiful and free I looked standing there on the beach, waving to the camera.So why am I here in this cold country, without my man? I don't know but in this moment I feel sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment