Monday, July 4, 2011

My 27th Birthday

I'm turning 27 on July 6th, this wendnesday. That word wendnesday, is still one of the only words I can't spell after 20 or so years of schooling and education. This coming birthday, my desires and priorities have changed. The two things I really, really really want is 1- A new meditation bench because sitting lotus posture is just not for me. I can do it and I have been doing it for the last 7 or 8 years but my back is killing me. Today I wanted to give up because after one hour sitting on the floor crossed legged, my back just kills. I wanted to fall over onto my yoga mat and lie in savasana for the rest of the day. I know I am yoga girl east west, but lotus kills. Also, I have found out the reason my back is killing is because when I walk, I stick my butt out. My spine is curved, at the bottom. I'm not sure why when I was a teenager I started to stick my bum out and push my chest forward, but I have an idea why. Anyways, the only other thing I want for my birthday is to fly home, this July by July 21st in fact, so I can go down to see my friends and family but more so because I want to go to Sundance. Sundance is a ceremony of fasting and praying for four days and it only takes place in North America. I am in the outback of the Philippines, and it's gonna take some dough to get there. I prayed to God that this year I wanted something extra special on my birthday, because I have been doing so much spiritual work, I want a prize. I want to know my divine mother and father are listening to me. I asked for something extra special just from the so I could know they are walking with me, watching over me. Maybe it's not good to test God but I do. I make bargains with him and I tell him what I want and need. Maybe that's why I have never gone without. I trust him.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe siddhasana might be more comfortable for your back. Thats my favorite, but sometimes i get a numb foot and thats when I do it too much (huh, who would've thought you could do too much yoga, lol). Now I don't do it enough, hahaha.

    The second part reminds me of when I was going to the ashram, they said because I didn't have the experience, I wasn't allowed to stay there. So I looked at a picture of Yogananda, and I said, and knew, lets go! Lets make an exception. They called me back almost instantly and said that they decided I could go. But then, at the convention, my room mates told me I should go and get Kriya, so I tried, and I couldn't get it, and man was I pissed off! hahaha, I guess I just got too hungry!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! Keep living your dreams, and writing about them - they will inspire many :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you get your trip! And if not the trip, then at least your bench. Btw, I think it's great that you express yourself in so many different ways. Reminds that I once had a blog, oops. Maybe it's time to start again. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete