Wednesday, July 6, 2011

It's ma birfday

So I woke up this morning on my friend's sailboat. I stretched and went outside to thank God for bringing me into the world 27 years ago today. I feel very blessed.

I enjoyed everything I did today.
All the messages my friends were sending me were telling me to enjoy and celebrate, although my plan was just to work and treat it as a normal day. Then I got locked out of the house. Okay, I'll take that as a sign.

I finally let go.
I talked to my beautiful sister Melody on Skype, I cried out of release, I had a nap. I ate mangoes, cocconut and jackfruit, I ate Oreo cookies and toast even though I'm gluten free. I went kayaking with Jo and snorkeled around the reefs. I watched the most beautiful purple jellyfish, gracefully glide through the water. I read my birthday greetings on Facebook and thought it was funny that people I don't even know wished me happy birthdays. I got a meditation bench !! Johan made me a beautiful cherry wood bench perfectly sized for me, I was so shocked and knew God was good. No more suffering through lotus posture. I received a card with a picture of AnandaMoyi Ma, my favorite saint, it reads: "Hello my divine kitten".

I feel very blessed today and it's not even officially my birthday since technically I was born in Vancouver and it is still the 5th there. I want to feel special everyday, like it's my birthday everyday of the year and I can always enjoy every moment to the fullest. I want to live without pressure from myself or expectations. I want to be....here....now.

Even though I ate all that gluten and my brain feels a little sluggish, I'm glad I decided to have fun. Thanks to God.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE YOU CHERRY GIRL :) trying to reach you on your big 27th! awesome blogs keep them coming every day!

    ReplyDelete