Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Real Media Wake Up Call

I like to think a lot. About life, about things, it's my nature.
Lately, I have had a lot of time to myself. In work, in play, in recreation.

Paramhansa Yogananda says, if you can have a little space that is yours where you can close the door, that is all you need. I am enjoying this truth lately. Having my own space, it has been many years since I have had a room to call my own, quite some years actually.

Seclusion is really the price of greatness as many great Masters have pointed out. Intense... but greatness, knowledge, wisdom, clarity, it all seems to be flowing from this alone-ness, this time of just being with myself. I have started to become more clear in my thinking about life, with seeing things, as they are.
The challenge is that to see so much and then, not to judge it. Or not react to it.


I can honestly say that living in a group with like minded people, is powerful, beneficial and much needed. I have been living on my own for several months now and tangibly feel the influence of the city's mentality and consciousness, weight and heaviness much much more since moving out of the group living ashram in LA.
It is powerful to have around like minded, positive people who support you. It actually creates a protection, a vortex. And with any vortex of energy, it stirs the pot. So whatever you got goin on in that crazy head of yours, it's gonna come out. And it ain't always pretty. Haha.

So what leads me to talk about all of this on this Tuesday evening?
Recently, I went to a 3 hr group meditation and I think I was only there for the last half. Bu it was like walking into an anti gravity chamber. The silence was so tangible you could feel it. The peace, permeated every particle of my being. The thoughts were quiet, un-present, the chatter and confusion all gone. Totally.

Have you ever had thoughts through out your day that you were doing the wrong thing, going the wrong way, not doing what you should be doing or not doing enough. Do you ever feel guilt, or shame or like you are not good enough in some way or not there yet? And do you think these thoughts are real?

So what happened after I came out of the meditation? I started to hear all those thoughts. BUT this time, I saw them!! I saw those thoughts running through my mind like a tape recording. All those negative thoughts, they were there but my mind was so restless that I didn't even know it until now. My mind had become so still from that 1.5hr meditation that I saw them. So what did I do about it? I said "fuck it, I'm gonna go get some frozen yogurt and let those thoughts roll all day long if they want to". I'm not gonna believe them, or act on them, I'm just gonna see them for what they are. And they just disappeared.
Actually sometimes, I just say out loud or in my head, "Shut up, I don't believe that". Or you can try "Go to hell, because that's where you came from"! Hahaha.

So here's my theory and correct me if I'm wrong but it's my blog so I'm just gonna go for it:

The city is actually broadcasting these thoughts. Everywhere. In the ether, in the food, in the cell phone towers, off the chem trails spraying over the city, in the mass media, the television, the ads, the job, the pay check, the mortgage, the cell phone bill, the debt, the car, the clothes, the house, the whole whack of it. It's all being projected to us and at the end of the day, How are we supposed to feel???

For those of you who don't meditate yet... I don't know how you do it!  The only way, the only absolute way I know how to stop all of this, is to be quiet. The allow the mind to rest. To allow the soul to shine through and re-connect with what we truly are.

So here's my thought: How do we get out of this? Do we move to a farm and start growing our own food? Yes. Do we get together with other people and groups and collaborate on standing up for our rights as souls, as free human beings? Yes. Do we stop buying into and believing this absolute crap they are trying to feed us? Yes. We do and we do it now and we allow ourselves to shine because that is the way to be victorious. To be our true selves.

So all of this has brought me back into me and now it's time to meditate. I look forward to hearing from you soon:)

I Love You

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely fantastic! I love what you had to say and agree with you. Despite all the negative vibrations out there, keep focusing on the positive. By being love and projecting love, you create a shield for yourself to ward out negative vibrations and allowing positive vibrations to attract into your life! =))

    ReplyDelete