Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Definition of success

Success for me cannot be defined anymore by comparing myself to anyone else. I am successful. The very fact that I am here, I am alive. That makes me a success. I mean imagine how we are born! We come from being this incredible, delicate and sensitive dependent being, knowing nothing and having to re-learn everything all over again. The fact that we are expected to be or achieve anything other than being alive, joyful and present is ludicrous. Being in love with life is enough. That is success!

I am looking at my life right now and seeing how much beauty has come of this life. From a life of adversity I was sprouted. The very fact that I am here and alive is a miracle. I could have chosen to give up. We all could have chosen to give up but everyday we get up and we face the light of day. We are miracles. We are a success.

I look at myself and my art and how far I have come. From being a societal drop out, from being depressed, from having a bi-polar mother. Despite all of that there was something in my heart and my spirit that kept pushing me forward. I am a strong woman and now the key is going to be softening. Keeping the heart soft and open and re-integrating trust into my daily life. It has been very difficult to trust people after so many years of hurt and heartache but I want that again. Something is coming out of me right now, something beautiful and I am watching it birth like a new born baby. My energy is being channeled into something great, something so full of potential. I know what it is. I'm allowing energy to flow to myself. I am letting it fill up instead of spilling out to the usual things. I am blessing myself. I am receiving the blessings because I can't take claim. I am so grateful for life right now as as much as it demands, I feel honored and capable to meet it. Stay tuned for more

No comments:

Post a Comment