Saturday, January 26, 2013

No expectations

No expectation. No expectation. No expectation. No expectation.


Being present with this moment with no expectation will allow me to write, to create to free flow unexpectedly, with no result in mind. The non-attachment allows for the creativity to flow without the constriction of I, me, mine. Master (Yogananda) is the one inspiring me, flowing through me and inspiring my writing.

Whenever I get set on something I want to do, like doing the energization exercises for example. I am energizing so I can energize, to have the result of more alertness and energy afterwards. But half way through the exercises, I want to quit. It’s being in the moment of energizing that is enjoyable, not wanting to be somewhere else. When the energizing really counts is in the moments, not just doing it mechanically. Joy comes from being in the moment…something I have not practiced much this life. I see my fear of being fully present here in my body, my heart has been closed. Fear of being present means fear of being present to all sensations including pleasure, pain, loss and gain. 


I am learning from my Buddhist friend to accept the pain, the suffering, the joy and not try to make it go away or change it. The great part about this practice is you can be going through complete agonizing physical, emotional or spiritual pain and you just continue to go on. You just do. Because you know that underneath it all, you are loved, you are pure joy and you are untouched. Your soul is perfect and God has never left you. Find something that drives you forward or someone and stick with it, stay with your goal.  

I feel like I am being given a new mature way of looking at life. This view-point comes from the yogic philosophy called Raja Yoga. This path makes me a responsible co-creator in life rather than a victim or sitting on the side line.


Love has been spontaneously welling up in great spasms and bursts, the love I am feeling for people here is overwhelming. Immediately the ego seeks to have a form, or vessel to direct this love. This happened when I first came to Laurelwood. I began to have a major heart opening experiences, where so much love and divine mother energy would pour through me I would literally feel high. I had a new best friend here at the time and all that love and energy just poured through me into him. I wanted the very best and highest for his healing and soul evolution and recognized him deeply as a soul friend but found it hard not to personalize my love for him. I probably don’t have to tell you how the situation ended up, but you can imagine. What goes up must come down and it did, boy did I go down. Bu I am getting a second shot at it.

This time, last night and this morning, I went deep into meditation. I mean deep. Last night we had a late night kirtan down in expansion hall and I was so high walking out of there, I felt like I was barely holding myself up. My love was just pouring out to divine mother as I told her over and over again: “I love you, I love you, I love you.” I am being given a new opportunity, another chance to be re-born, to fully live life. And to become fully human.

Last night I read something about us humans, fully accepting being in our body. Being here in our body and fully experiencing everything that comes to us. Taking it as an opportunity to grow and to ask the universe what it is teaching us in this moment, moment by moment. As I mentioned earlier, I never wanted to really be fully present. It translated into not ever really wanting to be alive. Life was a burden, something to be endured. I prayed many times before to leave. In fact, I was given the opportunity to go once. 

This was the first but not the only experience I have had with death or wanting to die. From a yogic standpoint, I witness how desperately I have wanted to kill the ego. Kill my ego.  It sounds violent … and it is. It has been. I have made it that way. I don't know any other way. Death is not easy, unless we let go. The process has been an agonizing journey. But I have absolute faith and confidence that there is nothing more.

My second experience with death, well... that experience I will share another time. Thanks for staying up with me. I love you always in God.

1 comment:

  1. I love how honest you are. You are such a warrior. Although I will say one thing. Yoganada says that the point of meditation is not to "kill" the ego, but to refine it. The ego can be tuned to work for you instead against you. I feel like ego has it's importance too because it is part of who you are, and essentially makes us individual.

    ReplyDelete